Hospital rounding and provider satisfaction. These words do not often go together. Providing care to hospitalized patients has become increasingly burdensome, with so many demands placed on providers, patient care seems to come last. And typically the efficiency of your rounding will impact your overall provider satisfaction.
Burdens on providers:
- Finding your patients (census management)
- Navigating the hospital’s EHR for clinical data
- Actually seeing the patient
- Writing your note
- Regulatory requirements, such as documentation for restraints, meds, CHF, acute coronary syndrome, justification for length of stay, inpatient/outpatient status à lots of demands
- Planning for discharge
- Somehow getting paid for your work (charge capture!!)
- Communication with other providers
- Sign-off / transfer of care to providers in your practice
Here are 5 ways you can streamline your patient hospital rounding through purposeful rounding.
Effective Hospital Rounding and Provider Satisfaction Tips
HybridChart will help organize your rounding process, and remove some of the burdens associated with rounding. The result: more time focused on patient care. We help by:
- Census management
- Detailed signout and transfer of care features
- Discharge planning
- Easy and secure communication
- Facilitate the charge capture process
It’s time to start focusing on improving hourly rounding and patient satisfaction for epic results in your hospital.
A patient rounding tool for charge capture is the flagship technological innovation from HybridChart. Now you can streamline patient hospital rounding and diminish lost charges. Think HybridChart will help solve your purposeful rounding woes? Check out the HybridChart Story here to learn more!
- More About Dr. Sanders
Dr. Gregory Sanders is a Harvard-trained, practicing cardiologist and founder and CEO of HybridChart. He has been coding since the 1980s and has spent his medical career focusing on improving processes. His patient care skills earned him recognition as one of Phoenix Magazine’s TOP DOCs. He lives in Scottsdale with his family.
Leave A Comment